Sometimes we savor grandma’s meatball recipe slowly simmered in red sauce, but sometimes it’s just… well…. the same old boring routine.
A few ingredient swaps and a special sauce might just save you from weeknight recipe boredom.
Asian Meatballs – click here to read the ‘Spark Recipe’
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1, 1″ piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lb ground chicken
- A special sauce (see recipe below)
- Lundberg Wild Blend Rice
- Steamed broccoli
In a large bowl whisk first seven ingredients (scallions through salt). Add ground chicken and mix gently by hand until seasonings are incorporated. Do not over mix.
Preheat broiler. Shape bite sized meatballs (1.5 tablespoons each) and arrange on a lined broiler pan/roasting rack.
Broil until they begin to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
Scallion Sauce – click here to read the ‘Spark Recipe’
This twist on a traditional gravy adds zest to just about anything from boring white fish to salad greens and can even be used as a marinade. The sauce can be prepared up to three days in advance.
- 5 scallions, trimmed
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- .5-1 serrano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.